Do You Pay God For Creature Comfort?

Oh, my God! I am so miserable. Mind you not as miserable as I was last night, but still devastated.

My Ipod, aptly named "My Precious" has been wiped clean. I don't know if you can imagine this, but all of the over 2000 songs, the 400 movies, television shows, the many music videos, and 243 podcasts are all gone. My heart is broken. My Ipod was 134gb of 160b g full. Everything was erased in a flash. I don't understand it. I had nothing saved in Itunes because this crappy computer didn't have enough space. I don't even want the thing any more because every time I look at it I think of all of my things gone.

It took a couple of years to gather everything and now they are gone. Some of the movies were home made and some, the majority I lucked upon. I feel like someone has died.

I don't know when something truly good is going to happen in life, but I am getting really tired of being beat up. Sometimes I go to look for something and remember it was left in Beaumont or destroyed in Ike. Either way....gone. I try my best not to keep looking back and crying about all that was lost and then something as meaningless like this happens.

I know it is just music and such, but life really sucks when you can't have any earthly comfort or something to help keep your mind off of reality. My cell phone (the Blackberry paperweight) is not on because of finances, my PSP joy stick has broken so I can't play any games. I don't have my laptop, oh and then I was told yesterday it will cost between 2 & $5000 to fix my Yota. Why would I pay that much for a 1991 Toyota? It didn't even qualify to be a clunker. What the Hell.

Someone told me the other day that I should remember to pay my tithes so God would bless me. Seems kind of odd to have to pay the giver of life to give me a decent life. Is that really how it works? Because if it is....I wish God would give me some money so I can pay him. I would gladly pay Him if that is all it took.

1 comment:

Laurie Kolp said...

I like this blog! Sorry about the I-pod but at least all your writing wasn't erased from your computer. When I am down I write a gratitude- anything and everything I am grateful for. That helps me.